If you or a loved one is charged with driving under the influence, it is imperative to have a skilled defense attorney on your side. Do not hesitate to schedule a consultation at The Laurel Brigade Law Group.
A DUI can have serious implications on your freedom and your driving privileges. If you are convicted of this crime, and face subsequent charges, the penalties you face can dramatically increase.
- The first offense is a misdemeanor. You will likely face a $250 fine, up to a year in jail and a one-year license suspension.
- The second offense is also a misdemeanor with greater penalties. Upon conviction, you will face a minimum of a $500 fine, up to a year in jail and a three-year license suspension.
- A third offense is a felony with a minimum of a $1,000 fine and up to five years in jail. You could also face an indefinite license suspension if you receive multiple DUIs within 10 years.
Outside of the penalties listed above, you might face additional penalties. Based on your level of charge and any enhancements (the presence of a minor in the vehicle, for example) you might face punishment, including:
- Pretrial suspension of driver’s license
- Ignition interlock system
- Seizure of your vehicle
Whether you are facing a second DUI or a third DUI, it is crucial to discuss your case with an experienced lawyer. We understand the nuances of Virginia law, and we can build an effective defense strategy for even the most complex situation.
When you need a skilled defense attorney, schedule a consultation at our Leesburg office. We will listen to the facts of your case and provide the legal protection you need.
Call us at 703-777-6161, or email us.