Tom brings a wealth of experience to the dynamic team at the Laurel Brigade Law Group. After law school, he practiced with a boutique litigation firm in Warrenton for four years, then transitioned to a growing regional firm, where he managed two criminal defense offices and spearheaded their Virginia civil litigation practice for over eight years. His transition to partner at Laurel Brigade was seamless.
Raised in historic Fredericksburg, Virginia, Tom attended Lafayette College in Easton, Pennsylvania, earning his undergraduate degree in History and Government-Law while also achieving Academic All-Patriot League status on the diamond. He earned his juris doctor from the University of Georgia School of Law. While in Athens, he participated in the Special Education Practicum helping underprivileged families earn the educational benefits afforded them under the law.
Tom is the past President of the Fauquier County Bar Association. He was honored to be named a Super Lawyer: Rising Star in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 by Super Lawyer Magazine.
Areas of Practice
- Virginia, 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 2011
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia, 2014
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- Lafayette College, Easton, Pennsylvania
- Majors: Government-Law, History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Virginia State Bar, 2007-Present
- Fauquier County Bar Association, President – 2011-2012
- Fauquier County Bar Association, Member 2008-present
- Loudoun County Bar Association, Member – 2011-present
Past Employment Positions
- Howard Morrison Ross & Whelan, Associate, 2007 – 2011
- Price Benowitz, LLP, Associate, 2011-2019